Wondering whether you can earn money from Swagbucks? Is it legit? Let’s go over the Swagbucks review below and see if it can be a source of a legitimate income for us.
Owners: Chuck Davis, Josef Gorowqitz, Scott Dudelson, Eron Zehavi
WorkRemoteNow rating: 77 out of 100
Swagbucks In A Nutshell
Swagbucks is one of the most popular loyalty programs that gives you gift cards and cash for the things you currently do online.
It is a subsidiary brand of Prodege, LLC which is a leading internet and media company with A- rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB). It was launched in 2008 and is headquartered in El Segundo, California.
It claims to have issued around $ 335M worth of rewards in the form of cash and gift cards to Swagbucks members.
Who is it For?
Swagbucks is for anyone – from teenagers with their parent or guardian’s permission to senior citizens who can access the internet and wants to earn rewards for the things they are already doing.
It is available in the following countries:
- New Zealand
However, if your country is not on the list, I would suggest you just try to sign up as they may be already available in your area.
In their website, they say they are available in most countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa and always looking to continue expanding.
How Does It Work?
Basically, you’ll have to:
(1) Sign up
(2) Earn rewards by accumulating points called SBs from any of the following activities:
- Watching videos. They have varieties of videos from entertainment to movie clips to videos about how to cook your favorite recipes.
- Playing games. If you are the type who kill time by playing games, you can now start earning some money by simply playing your favorite online games.
- Completing online surveys. You can earn up to 200 SB just by taking online surveys.
- Answering daily polls
- Shopping from your favorite stores. You can shop from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Old Navy and a thousand other websites and earn rewards you can use to shop again.
- Signing up for offers. Swagbucks updates their website from time to time and you can sign up for offers from their Trusted Partners like the following:
- Submitting receipts through their mobile apps (available to IOS and Android users)
- Booking your favorite hotel
- Redeeming grocery coupons. How cool is this feature? You’ll get cash back by taking advantage of some discounts!
(3) Exchange your points (SBs) for gift cards or cash. Swagbucks reward store has hundreds of stores to choose from (including Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc). You can also encash your accumulated rewards or SBs to your PayPal account in $5 increments.
Types of Membership
One of the best things about this program is that it is totally FREE to sign up and start earning rewards. The sign up process is pretty straightforward too.
WIIFM (What Is It For Me)
- As soon as you signed up, you can start earning rewards. In fact, just verifying your email already gives you SBs!
- You can use the gift cards to buy items from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Gap and hundreds of stores. They keep on updating and adding new stores so you should check them out.
- You can maximize your savings on hotel bookings by simply checking which one offers more cash backs.
- You can refer a friend and get 10% of all their earnings for life.
Their Swagbucks help center covers almost every question you might have in mind.
Their Facebook page is pretty active and you can get an immediate answer to your concerns if you go through their Facebook page.
The Good, The Bad & The Catch
- Signing up is free and pretty straightforward to create an account.
- You can earn rewards for things you are currently doing.
- Unlike other reward programs where you have to pay in order to be a member, Swagbucks is totally free to join.
- Given, we only have 24 hrs in a day, you won’t be able to pay for your rent by just spending your time to earn Swagbucks rewards.
- Earning rewards through watching videos, using the search engines or taking online surveys takes ages.
- You’ll have to brace yourself for the annoying ads that will keep popping while watching the videos.
- You can redeem your accumulated points (SBs) within 2 years from the date of issuance. After this period, they will be null and void.
Joining Swagbucks is a fun way of earning extra bucks.
The different activities you can choose from to earn rewards make it more appealing to everyone. The fact that you will just have to collect rewards for the things you do every day makes joining a no-brainer.
Swagbucks is a totally legit company where you can earn money and although they don’t claim that it will get you rich, the reality is that we have a very limited time to rack up big amount of savings by just focusing on their program.
With that being said, I would still go to my top recommended place to make money online where you can start your own business and have fun interacting with a really cool community. It’s free to join too. So, check it out and see for yourself. I will contact you as soon as you sign up and join the community.
Having fun while earning money sounds too good to be true. It’s totally understandable if we always doubt companies or businesses offering this sort of stuffs.
Checking their ratings on BBB (Better Business Bureau) is one of the ways you can do to avoid falling for scams which are now increasing.
If ever you have any questions or want to share your experience on Swagbucks, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.